One Annual Topic:
Stories of the Hangzhou Asian Games
The 19th Asian Games Hangzhou 2022 is themed “Chinese characteristics, Zhejiang style, Hangzhou charm and modern splendor”, while adhering to the philosophy of “green, intelligent, thrifty and civilized.” As a city with a long history and vigorous creativity, Hangzhou is ready to show the world the beauty and vibrancy of the “Paradise on Earth” through the Games.
We are looking for videos related to the 19th Asian Games Hangzhou 2022, as well as stories showing Hangzhou’s unique blend of history and modernity through the city’s history, culture, economy, society, science and technology and education, etc.
Four Themed Topics：
a. Discover China across the World
Under this theme, we are expecting to see how Chinese people, food, architecture or companies integrate with a different culture. If you have observed any impressive Chinese stories outside the country, film them into videos and present us.
b. Expats’ Experiences
Expats living in China have brought in fresh ideas and diversified cultures. Share your experience as an expat or the story of other expats living here. The images of foreigners’ working, living or traveling in the country are the best presentation of the interactions between China and the rest of the world.
c. Town and Country Tour
Every city and village in China has its unique customs, people and historical heritage. This theme zooms in on foreigners’ stories with Chinese cities or villages. Their relations and emotional connections with these metropolises or townships are distinctive stories to tell.
d. Bite of Chinese Food Worldwide
Chinese food is by all means a fun and appealing topic for videos. If you are a fan of Chinese food, we would love to see your stories on tasting, cooking and sharing the savoury food through videos.
For teams and individuals around the world, a wide range of theme-related planning We are looking for creative video proposals/treatment from teams and individuals around the world. Ten outstanding proposals with clear themes and feasibility will be selected from all the submissions. We will provide guidance by professionals as well as video production subsidy for the proposals.
Submission Deadline: June 1, 2022
The video treatment should include a script with theme and story, a shooting plan, introduction to the crew and previous works, etc.
Teams and individuals who receive proposal funding are required to make a written The video treatment should include a script with theme and story, a shooting plan, introduction to the crew and previous works, etc.
1. Honor of “My China Story” International Short Video Competition Outstanding Treatment Award.
2. A sum of 5,000 RMB as video production subsidy.
3. Online guidance from professionals.
4. Priority to join in our short video projects.
How to submit your treatment:
Send your video proposals/treatment to email@example.com (The subject of your email should follow this format: Name-Title of the video-“Proposals”).
All topics above are open to both domestic and international, professional and amateur short video creation teams and individuals. Chinese organizations stationed abroad, overseas Chinese (students included), are also welcome.
Your entry video shall meet at least one of the following requirements.
1. Foreigners are directly involved in filming and production. They can be host, subjects, directors, videographer, editor, etc.
2. Shooting scene is in China or other countries and the content is about China or China’s interactions with the world.
30 Topic Awards
The judging panel will select one first prize (8,000 RMB), two second prizes (5,000 RMB), and three third prizes (3,000 RMB) for each of the five themes. The winning entry can be a single video or a video series. For video series, three representative episodes must be submitted.
6 Individual Awards
From all the works that enter the final evaluation session, the judging panel will select six entries as Individual Awards, namely Best Video Host, Best Story, Best Videography, Award for International Communication, Award for Online Communication, and Best Short Video Series. Each winner will receive a prize of 4,000 RMB.
1 Grand Jury Prize
From the shortlists for the final evaluation session, the judging panel will select one video/one series for the Grand Jury Prize with a reward of 20,000 RMB.
50 Outstanding Awards
From all videos submitted, the judging panel will select 50 for the Outstanding Awards.
（All prizes are pre-tax amounts）
1. Videos can be submitted in the name of an institution, studio, or individual. Each participant can submit up to five entry videos. If your entry is a series or column, it should contain three representative videos.
2. There is no restriction for the form of your video or filming tool. Variety show, interview, talk show, short documentary, animation, VR and Vlog are all acceptable forms. The duration of each video should be less than 10 minutes.
3. There is no restriction for the language spoken in your video. However, for videos in languages other than Chinese and English, there should be Chinese/ English dubbing or subtitles.
4. Your video must be based on fact and real life and channel positive energy. It must not involve any pornography, violence, racial discrimination, or advertisement.
5. The resolution of your video should be 1280*720 or above. MPG, MPEG, AVI, MOV, WMV, MP4 are acceptable formats.
SUBMISSION OF VIDEO ENTRIES
Submission Time: May 1 — August 15, 2022
Ways to submit your video:
- Upload your video to your or your team account on iXIGUA, Bilibili, Douyin or Sina Weibo. Follow the platforms’ instructions and tick your video with the tag of the competition name to sign up for “My China Story” International Short Video Competition.
- As an option, send your video to firstname.lastname@example.org or through Baidu/Google drive (with link and password). The subject line of your email should follow this format: Name-Title of the video-“Competition Submissions”.
After submitting your entry, please click on the following link to fill out the entry form. https://www.wjx.top/vj/Qw7ArNC.aspx
1. Participants who take part in the proposal submission section have the opportunity to receive financial support.
2. Your entry videos have the opportunity to win more than one prize and award that come with certificates and cash prizes.
3. Up to two members of winning teams have the opportunity to be invited to the annual award ceremony and its sub-activities including evening party, sharing meeting, outstanding works exhibition, etc.
4. Award-winning videos have the opportunity to be promoted on media before and after the award ceremony. The winning teams and individuals may be interviewed by domestic and international media.
5. The winning videos have the opportunities to be shown on the partnership platforms and in domestic and international exhibitions held by the sponsor.
6. The winning videos will be published in the book named after the competition in both Chinese and English.
7. Outstanding anchors and teams are invited to join the China Storytelling Alliance, become contracted partners of the competition and participate in the organizer’s related project activities.